July 15, 2008

My First Real Road Trip

As you probably saw on my sister's blog, I recently went on my first road trip. Us girls loaded up and headed to PA for what I like to call Girl Trip '08! It was so exciting and so much fun. I got to experience many 'firsts' on this trip. I got to meet all 4 of my greatgrandparents on Mommy's side. My first 2 top teeth popped through. And as you can see in the picture, I got to ride forward-facing in my carseat for the first time.
I was so glad to meet the 20 pound requirements so I could ride forward-facing in my carseat. It would have made for a very boring car ride if I had to stare at the back seat of the minivan the entire trip. Mommy thought all the excitement may get in the way of naps, but no problem. The ride was a breeze:)
This is my very handsome Great-Grandpa Plummer!
Me and Daddy at Uncle David's pool party.
Wow - Pennsylvania pool water is a little different than GA pool water. Now I know where they came up with the phrase 'ice water'! Emma didn't even get in the pool, but I played a little bit.
Me and my Gram:)
Trying to get at some ice cream in Mommy's hands...
After the ice cream - YUM!
I also got to meet lots of family on the Boginski side. We went to my Great-Grandpoppy's 90th birthday party. Poppy is so silly and I was thrilled to finally meet him!
Me, Emma, Mommy and Great-Grandma Boginski.
Mommy loved me in this 'retro' highchair! I would love to know how long it has been in the family.
It was about a million degress outside, but the boys decided to play a little hoops. Check out the fancy moves my Daddy has on the court!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Claire, Nana was waiting for your smiling pictures. I know everyone loved you with your beautiful smile. Glad you all had a good trip and are safely home. Love you all. Have a great and restful week.
Love, Nana Jordan

Anonymous said...

I bet the youngest had the best trip..I bet everyone had to have some of that bright-eyed smiling little lady's sugar! And they couldn't believe how big you girls are getting and how well you made the trip! Tell your dad he looks like a pro on the BBcourt! Love you , Aunt Jill