July 05, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

I celebrated July 4th at the Marietta Square with my family.


My day started bright and early at the parade. I LOVED the parade. I waved to everyone and was very entertained by the floats, dancers, motorcycles, music, etc. I was really hot, but I didn't mind at all.




After the parade we walked up to the Square. We browsed the vendor tents and stopped for icecream. We also played at the fountain (I was dead set on climbing all the way in) and we danced to some of the live music.




I went home for a nap and then we headed back to the Marietta Square to meet up with some friends. We got there after dinner and had a great time waiting for the fireworks to start. We wook some pictures, played with bubbles and poppers, and I even got to hold a sparkler. I was a little unsure of the sparklers at first. Mommy was VERY afraid that I might get burned and I did a little bit on my finger. After that I was done and prefered to just watch the bigger kids.
I started to get a little tired after waiting for the fireworks for so long. Once they started I perked right up and enjoyed the show. I wasn't scared at all!








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clarie,
Nana just looked for new pictures today. This should be in some competition. You are beautiful, and those eyes. Whow!!!! I'm know you all had a great time at the Fourth celebration. Wish we could have been there with you and Emma. Love to all.
Nana Jordan

Jill said...

Claire tell mommy she outdid herself with this picture! Nana Jordan is right. It needs to be enter in a photo contest....with those eyes you could win hand down! Glad you had a GREAT 4th of July! We had a GREAT one, too!! Love you Beautiful girl...Aunt Jill

Chad and Kristin Pendley said...

I cannot get over her eyes in this picture! They are crystal blue!! Gorgeous!

Summer Pendley said...

This is also one of my favorite pictures of Claire too! I couldn't wait for ya'll to see it! I knew you'd melt! :) Let us know if any of you would like to order a print of it! :)