January 10, 2009

Happy Birthday To Mommy!

I think it may be genetic, because the girls in my house LOVE cake! A lot of people enjoy cake every now and then, but we LOVE cake. Let's just say that with cake in the house, it wouldn't be out of the question to have cake with every meal:) That is why we absolutely NEVER have cake in the house, unless it is a birthday.
That being said, it has been "cake week" at our house. Last weekend Nana brought Mommy a birthday cake. Not just any birthday cake, but a TEN LAYER CAKE! I don't think Nana knew this, but that is Mommy's FAVORITE cake!
So, we celebrated last weekend with Nana and Granddaddy, and then enjoyed ten layer cake all week.
That brings us to today, Mommy's actual birthday. We started the day with no plans for any more cake. Honestly, we had enough. But, Grandma called and told Mommy that it isn't a birthday without atleast cupcakes. So, we made cupcakes. Mommy made a light version and then froze half the batch so we wouldn't be inclined to eat too many. Emma ate about enough batter to make a whole cake, but that is another story:)
Then, when Daddy arrived home from work work he surprised us all with another cake! A chocolate cake! It was so yummy we all had to have a piece. Then we froze the rest.
I guess we will all be dieting for the next week...
Here are some pictures of everyone enjoying CAKE:





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another pretty cake! WOW!!!! You would have to have double doors for Aunt Jill to walk through it I live with you girls! And you three girls are always so slim and trim! I'm jealous! Eat some for Aunt Jill!!!! Love you all!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah....that's what I'm talking about. Happy Birthday Mommy

You are the best.

Love and hugs,

Anonymous said...

Claire, We did have a good time with our Birthday party didn't we! Nana loves cake too. Hope you girls are having a good week. Stay warm with this cold weather coming. I love you.
Nana Jordan