June 25, 2009

20 Months Old

Note from Mommy: I have a quick story to share about my sweet Baby Claire. Today she is 20 months old and I am not sure why I still call her that because she is growing up way too fast and is definetly no longer a baby.
This morning I thought I would jump in the shower before she woke up. She is usually up before me so I tried to take advantage of this free time. While in the bathroom I began to hear disturbingly loud banging. I stuck my head out of the shower and saw Bentley asleep on the rug. He is by no means a guard dog, but I figured if it was serious, he wouldn't be sleeping. Anyway, I finished up in the shower and once the water was turned off I realized what I had been hearing. Claire was knocking on the door saying, "Where's Emma?". Okay, shocker!!! I open the door and there she is carrying 2 books. Again, "Where's Emma?".
Apparently, this morning Claire decided that she would no longer be contained by her crib:) I suppose she is nearly ready for her big girl bed. Emma was about the same age when she moved to a big girl bed.
I would also like to note that Claire was holding 2 books because she wanted to give one to Emma. Claire is the sweetest little sister ever and is always so thoughtful. She adores, respects, and worships Emma. It is so gratifying to watch. She brings Emma toys, cleans up after her, gets her snacks, and mimics her every word. Emma doesn't always enjoy Claire being her shadow, but she usually doesn't mind. Sometimes they even gang up against me. Ugh, it is already starting...

1 comments:

Grandma said...

I love that story. I think you call her 'baby Claire' because that's exactly who she is. Her sweetness is reflected in her beautiful little face that we all love very much.

Each day is another sweet surprise watching these babies grow. Thank you for sharing some of them.

I love you,