Today I celebrated my 2nd birthday! I had an awesome Dora themed party at a local park. I invited all of my wonderful friends and family and we had a huge crowd. There were about 20 adults and 15 kids! I love big parties!We started out the party playing on the play ground until everyone arrived.
Then we had a yummy lunch in the pavilion.
After everyone finished eating, Mommy gathered all the kids around and announced that Swiper the Fox had swiped my birthday pinata!!! Then Mommy asked if anyone wanted to go on a Dora Adventure to help find my pinata.
Of course we all did, so Mommy told everyone to go to the table and pick out the 'backpack' with their name on it. After we got our backpacks Mommy asked us how we would find the pinata??? She said "Who do we call when we need help finding something?" We all screamed "MAP!!!"
We found our maps in our backpacks to see where to go.
First we had to find Miniature Lollipop Meadows. Again, we searched our backpacks to find something we could use to help. We all found our magnifying glasses and began to search for Miniature Lollipop Meadows.
We searched and searched until we found it. Then we had to pick all the lollipops before we could pass thru. After everyone picked the lollipops we check our maps for the next stop on our adventure to find my missing pinata. Our next stop was Alphabet Bridge. So off we went in search of the bridge...
When we found the bridge it was all broken! Before we could cross it we had to put it back together again.
We looked at our maps and saw that we needed to put letters on the bridge in the right order to spell out "C-L-A-I-R-E". The bigger kids had to help with this one, but once the bridge was together we all crossed it and continued our adventure!After lots of searching we finally found my birthday pinata! I got to take the first turn at trying to open it. I didn't get it open, but I sure had fun trying:)
When the pinata finally broke open everyone went crazy grabbing up all the candy!
Next it was time for cake! I had a Dora Playground cake!Everyone sang Happy Birthday to me and then I blew out the candles!
My cake was so yummy!
October 24, 2009
My Dora Adventure Birthday Party
Posted by Sara J at 5:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Claire,
We really enjoyed being with you this weekend. Your party was great. Mommy had really planned well and everyone had a good time. You will have lots of new things to play with for a long time. Have a great week. Love to all.
Nana Jordan
Sounds like you had way too much fun without me! I am going to have to do something about that! I'm really glad to had a wonderful Birthday! Nana Jordan said you got lots of pretties! Maybe Aunt Jill will get to see you soon! Love you so much!
Post a Comment